Friday, October 10, 2008

Angry Old People...And words I can't Repeat

So I was going to try to be super good and write in this every day but since I've got a super fun filing project to do while I've been at work I just haven't had the time. And when I say super fun I mean it super sucks. I work at a hotel and my project, since I honestly have absolutely nothing else to do, was to file all of our registration cards from every day, of every month in room number order. Yay. Really I mean that. Yay. It has taken me almost 3 full eight hour shifts to file just three months worth of cards. And I'm not even close to done! I ran out of file folders so I had to quit. Dang I was really getting into it.
Anyway, I guess I'll tell a little about what is going on in my life right now. I just quit my job at a car wash in town to work full time at a hotel as the night auditer. Why I decided that graveyards five nights a week was a good idea escapes me right at the moment. Maybe it was because I get paid well or maybe its because I don't really have to deal with any guests or co workers. Except when the grumpy old people complain because their air conditioner was too loud or because we don't have any rooms on the first floor because all of the previous old people that checked in before them requested them all. For heaven's sake we have an elevator!!! Two actually! I don't actually know if any of you have ever had a 70 year old man lean across a counter top that's almost taller than he is and scream profanities directly at you (while showering you with saliva,) but let me tell you- it is so much fun. Entertaining in fact. Almost. He was upset because his room was on the third floor and he had to walk all the way down the stairs, with his bad knees, to get extra towels because the maids only gave him two, which is actually what they're supposed to do. I gave him the towels and told him it might be easier on his knees this time if he used one of the two elevators in the building. This brought on a longer and slightly louder string of profanities that my mother would wash my mouth out with liquid soap for saying. I asked him what the problem was and why he continued to scream at me and he said "I didn't see any &%#@* *%!?^$% elevators!!!" Apparently this was my fault. Go figure.
Anyhow, I'm headed home from my last working day of the week. 7 AM!! Yay! My day ends while everyone elses begins....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have given you the option of liquid OR bar. Maybe during the senior games you should put a larger sign on the elevator doors.

♥Concerned♥ said...

Now your average senior gamer won't even walk down the stairs if they need something. They expect you to bring it to them at any hour of the night. You are supposed to be their beck and call girl.

Danielle said...

Yeah, I got yelled at by old, young, middle-aged all the time at the bank.....So I feel your pain. They get uppity about their comforts away from home! AND moneY!!!