Monday, October 6, 2008

Well Everyone Else Is Doing It!

Ok so I started this blog because I decided I needed to keep up with the people in my life...You know like family and friends and whoever else I talk to or don't talk to. My adorable sisters both have one and that's how I keep up with their fun and entertaining stories and believe me they are usually all entertaining...And plus I now work graveyards at a hotel 5 nights a week so I pretty much have all the time in the world!
Anyhow, I guess I should tell you a little about myself. My name is April Lynn Suzick and I was born May 25, 1989. (Yes I'm named April and was born in May, make any jokes you feel like making, I've heard every one of them, I promise.) I was born in Lakenheath, England on the air force base my dad was stationed at. Yes i'm a military brat! :-) I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters, Josh 31, Danny 29, Brycen 11, and Madison 9. Yep we're kind of spread out but we have different dads so that explains a tiny bit of it. I have a wonderful sister in law that is one of my best friends and she has given me the most amazing nieces and nephews ever! They're honestly the cutest kids! Owen especially. He has so much personality and so many antics for a 3 year old. Now she has another one on the way. Maybe two. I hope. That would be awesome! Twins! A boy and a girl! (She's going to kill me for wishing that upon her...) I also have an adorable brother in law that I love to pieces and I'm so glad him and my sister finally got married. Now they just need to have babies. My parents are divorced but I live with my mom who I love very much and a pretty great step dad that I think I might have taken for granted, but we'll get into that later. I think I have a pretty great life for being 19 and I'm glad I'm learning to really appreciate it.
I'm engaged to be married to a pretty amazing guy that I met at the end of this last March. We met at work and we've been best friends ever since. I can tell him anything and even though sometimes he can't be serious he always makes sure I know he's listening and that he wants to make things better. He's my wonderful fire fighter and you'll definitely hear more about him later on. The date is set for March 21st and needless to say I'm super excited! My mom is being great about it and so is the rest of my family along with his. I'm hoping things will go smoothly. He's fitting in great with my family which is sometimes hard to do, but I think he does so well because he really doesn't take anything seriously, and that's needed because my family is full of sarcasm and dry humor and every one of us is very blunt. Even my nine year old sister who was coming up with sarcastic remarks at the age of 5 and making us all wonder where she comes up with the things she says.
For instance I was doing a report for my history class my sophomore year in high school and it was during the Olympics. We each were assigned a country on which we were supposed to find out as much as we could that had to do with this country's history and involvement with the Olympics. I was assigned China. Anyway I went home that day and sat down on the couch and asked my parents "What do you guys know about China?" My little sister Madison, who happened to be five at the time pipes up and says "Well they're Chinese duh." None of us really knew what to say and she still shocks us with the things she comes up with. She's adorable and kind of a brat. :-P
So anyway, I think I'm a pretty entertaining person. I'm sarcastic and usually pretty blunt and my mouth has definitely gotten me in trouble! I'm a lot of fun and enjoy all outdoor activities like wake boarding and hiking and camping and swimming and whatever you name it. I'm hoping to try snow boarding this season but we'll see how that goes...I love love love all sports and I'm definitely a football fan. I'm a Green Bay Packers fan and I'm secretly in love with Brett Favre but don't tell my fiancee! But now that he's playing for the Jets and making them look pretty good I might just have to keep up with them as well. We'll see. haha.
This blog is sort of vague, boring and non personal to me, but I'll get more in depth about me and my family as it goes on. I'll probably write almost every day so it'll constantly be updated! Yay! Fun for all of you! Anyhow, look for more entertainment to come...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you Love Me! Love you back! By the way your Dad was stationed 2 hours away from Lakenheath. Or you would have been born sooner. In April maybe!

Danielle said...

I'm glad my husband is adorable to more people than just me. Then I know he really IS and that I'm not just delusional.

April Lynn said...

No Danny you're not delusional, at least I don't think so. And why is it that I always find out details like where I was really born and where we really lived and who my dad really is after the fact?

♥Concerned♥ said...

You are one of my bffs, too, chica! And I'm glad my kids are as adorable to others as they are to me :P