Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wedding Planning....

So have you ever heard the saying that those who can't do, teach? Or those who don't wed, plan? (Yes this is from a movie, just go with it ok?) Well this is why I'm getting married. I can't plan. Well I guess I can, and I've had some pretty decent ideas so far but I'm just having trouble on the decision making part. I just can't seem to fully visualize things and I'm not so sure I'll be able to until we actually put it all together. This makes me nervous. I'm sure that my mother can see it. Or at least I hope so because she stresses out more than I do. (Love you Mom!! But you know its true!) In my head it's beautiful, elegant and everything I've pictured, but who doesn't picture their wedding this way? Duh. I mean who would picture their wedding to be a total disaster? I guess yeah the thought has crossed my mind but it's not like I actually think it will be...at least I hope not.
I have my dress, I've picked out the colors, the cake, the location, the decorations in mind, the food, his ring and so forth. The engagement pictures have yet to be taken but that's ok because we have plenty of time- and no mom I'm not procrastinating, we actually do have quite a bit of time. I haven't had my bridals taken yet but we're waiting until after the engagements are taken to do so, and that's ok too. It's nice to have two families so willing to do so much to help and I hope they all know that they are greatly appreciated. My wonderful mom and sister in law are taking care of my engagement and bridal photos which rocks and hopefully cousin Jason will agree to take the pictures at the wedding. So that's awesome, and cheap. And my soon to be mother in law is doing whatever she can to help too so that's a lot of stress off of everyone's shoulders. Yay! So I guess we'll see how things go. Kevin is being amazing about it all and is being very helpful, except for the occasional non serious comment when I really need him to be serious, but at least he's teaching me to lighten up. Which is where we balance. I take everything too seriously and worry too much and he takes nothing seriously and doesn't worry about anything. Maybe we'll meet in the middle. :-)
All in all I guess I need to really remember what is important. I'm marrying the guy I truly love and we're going to start our life together. That's all that counts. So maybe I should just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride....hahaha Yeah Right! No way will that happen no matter how much I try....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah thats me Mrs. Stressermann! You need to make TIME for us to go looking also!

April Lynn said...

Um looking for what? You should just tell me when you want to go and what you want to do and I'll make it happen. I can't read your mind.

savor - silence - savor - cin said...

found you on Clever Girl... I'm in the same boat (engagement and all) ... and now... TAG. you're it.